The U215-002 2-Port USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Printer/Peripheral Sharing Switch saves you money, time and precious workspace by letting you connect two computers to a single USB peripheral. Recommended for home and small offices, this sharing switch eliminates the cost of buying two printers, two scanners, two hard drives, etc., as well as the problem of where to put them and their cables.
One-touch port switching lets you switch between computers using a mouse, hotkeys or manual pushbutton. The U215-002 detects print commands and switches computers automatically. Idle time-out switching ensures all data is sent from the active printer buffer before switching ports.
A taskbar icon indicates the connected device's status. LEDs on the unit indicate which computer currently controls the device. The U215-002 is compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices and supports data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps.
No external power supply required. Switch is compatible with all USB-enabled Operating Systems. Optional CD software is compatible with Windows (XP and later) and Mac (OS X 10.3 and later).
Connect 2 Computers to a Single USB Device
- Recommended for printers, scanners, hard drives and other USB peripherals
- Saves money, time and workspace
- Ideal for home and small offices
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 peripherals
- Supports data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
One-Touch Port Switching
- Switch between computers with mouse, hotkey or manual pushbutton
- Detects print commands and switches computers automatically
- All data sent from active printer buffer before switching ports
- Taskbar icon indicates device status
- LEDs indicate computer control
Easy Setup and Broad Compatibility
- Switch is compatible with all USB-enabled Operating Systems
- Optional software is compatible with Windows (XP and later) and Mac (OS X 10.3 and later)
- No external power supply required